Prolong Your Cat's Life
Riverside Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and take into consideration your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Our Feline Preventive Care recommendations include:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions. During the comprehensive exam, our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper. Your veterinarian may also suggest the Feline Leukemia.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Round worms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV) or other internal parasites and early stages of diseases which cannot be detected during a physical exam.
Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.